PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAOPA sets out its stall on PPL licensing to the US and Europe
Old 5th Jul 2012, 12:07
bookworm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Commercial licences will be addressed after the private Pilot FCL aspect.
Yet from what i have also heard Commercial FCL is a bigger headache for EASA as far as legality regarding dual licence requirements.
It would be interesting to have your take on how you think the commercial CPL and ATP on FAA in Europe would be treated in a Bi lateral agreement? as well as the enforcement of the existing structure on employed pilots flying FAA aircraft within Europe?
Should an agreement occur regarding private licences how would that effect the legality of enforcing dual licences on commercial pilots??
I guess I owe you an answer to this one. AFAIK, flight crew of commercial operations based in the EU already need EASA licences. So I guess you mean non-commercial ops using remunerated flight crew, like corporate ops. I wasn't aware that CPL/ATP was being treated any differently from private licences in that regard.

I've always hoped that the FAA-TC bilateral would be the model for an FAA-EASA bilateral on licensing. Rumour has it that progress is slow, and I'm awaiting further reports from the Cleveland get-together.