PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan Airlines Interview Info
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 09:52
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB346:
Which fleet are you applying with Hainan?

For anything other than the 767, I would apply to a different Chinese airline than Hainan. I just jumpseated a couple of weeks ago on them and talked to a couple of their pilots. Their line training has not gotten better in the last 2 years, it has gotten worse. Maybe far worse. 2 years ago it was 6-8 months of line training for current and qualified pilots.

For the 330 I would do Sichuan first. I don't know enough about working for either Air China or China Southern to give them a thumbs up or down. Obviously if you want to commute those might be attractive.

320 I would do BCA, TIanjin, Sichuan, Shenzhen, Spring. Not necessarily in that order. Avoid June Yao and West Air.

737 Probably I would do Xiamen or Shenzhen first. I don't know about OK. I would still avoid Hainan. Xiamen and Shenzhen are two of the best places to live in China.

Most importantly I wouldn't recommend any Chinese job unless you have a guaranteed job to go back to. The money is great now but the job security is not.

Finished a 2 year contract 2 weeks ago and am trying to avoid going back, but my bank account is calling my name..........