PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 08:57
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to add

In my post above I said that my submission to the body investigating UK airport security made it clear that more oversight was needed, what I failed to make clear in my post above was that this oversight MUST be independent of the UK security industry as this is the only way that any sort of balance might return.

I made it crystal clear that the security industry ramps up threats and paranoia for its own ends, the more the politicians are worried about being seen to be weak on terrorism the more minimum wage numptys charged at sky high rates the industry can employ and make a fat Proffit from.

On an industry wide perspective independent oversight will restrain the costs to the airline industry of the security parasites, from an individual perspective it will give you and I the users of the system a route for complant and redress that avoids court action or calling the police and unlike at the moment it will also avoid the investigation being carried out by the bosses of the people who cause us as crew so much trouble.

I do hope that the airlines who no doubt made submissions to the contaltation made these points clear as the cost of security and more importantly the way it is implemented is having a corrosive effect on the profitability of airlines and by default the job security of airline staff.

Last edited by A and C; 5th Jul 2012 at 08:58.