PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 5th Jul 2012, 08:15
peterc005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@eagle 86 - never inherited a cent. Don't drink, smoke or gamble - just work hard.

My estimate is the Carbon Tax will add about $1.50 an hour (4.5 cents a litre for 35 litres an hour) to my flying - so who cares. How could anyone so miserable about $1.50 an hour survive in aviation?

The rise of China and India has added to global demand to oil and probably added 70 or 80 cents a litre to the cost of Avgas. Let's keep it all in perspective.

My degree is in Economics and my background is wholesale banking (treasury). I shouldn't waste my time on anonymous internet forums, but I keep seeing so many patently wrong and dumb things being written I feel compelled to say something for the sake of others who might see the postings and think they are credible.

There are so many rants on this forum by boorish, crazy and ill-informed people it gets tiring. In another thread here people criticised Flight Safety Magazine. It's a good read, relevant and FREE - and yet people (the same old nutters) criticised it.

Once again - my financial exposure to the Carbon Tax is tops $400 a year for everything and I have a lot more exposure than others here.

The $400 a year will not cause me any grief and I think it is well spent anyway as one method of helping to mitigate global warming to help leave a better world for my four kids.