PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shares hit $1.00 Discuss
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 06:10
Baxter Dewall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qlink are getting Jets - they have already been told by Gissing et al with "we are not going to turn this into Jetstar". This makes it a double edged sword. It gives management leverage on the one hand against "internal" groups, yet on the other it gives Qlink pilots jet time in their logbook, and hence increases their employability elsewhere. From what I understand, Qlink has a relatively high turnover as it is. I note that Emirates, for instance requires Jet time. I'm not suggesting pilots will all go to Emirates, rather it gives them much more scope for alternatives than just Dash time does.

Mate, with all due respect, this has been bandied around the traps since Adam was a kid. And please tell me which jet will service DPO,LT,DBO, WG,ARM,MRB,CCY,etc etc.

QF already have NC servicing most of regional OZ with the B717, and just reintroduced the Operator into SEQ. That deal is sewn up until 2018 with a 2yr extension clause.

This is not the ideal financial climate to be introducing new types. One only needs to read the myriad of posts that are cut and pasted on this site from media releases by many carriers deferring orders at the moment.

The carrot of jet equipment has been doing the rounds for ages at SSA and EAA. One QF Regional did infact operate jets, but that was a long time ago and the climate has changed. For the life of me, I can't see it happening again.

Last edited by Baxter Dewall; 5th Jul 2012 at 06:11.