PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 05:19
NotProvided

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not all certainly negative,

I left the mining industry after 6 years to instruct and i enjoy it a lot. I have no idea where id be right now if i had taken a cadetship - so i cant comment on that.

The cash reality is that the wage in GA is unsustainable until you become chief this or that. To supplement my income I still work a second casual job. And that's in the mining industry. Its difficult to juggle the two but not impossible.

It is also still possible to get the girl, nobody had mentioned that you may have a supportive one on a good income, they can be a pretty good backup. I have never had to rely on mine for cash, but to buy a house in Australia without one...

Definitely have a plan to leave the mining industry, YPJT's uncouth bogans are usually the ones who stayed on too long, it doesnt have to be flying to be involved in this industry, I hear a LAME is well paid and sought after. The tens of thousands spent adding hours and a CPL to a PPL instead saved, could see you living large on an apprentice income for a few years.

Regards