PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot 'Apprenticeship'
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2002, 22:48
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off......Good Post.

However.......

Where are all the TP's going???, there seems to be more 146's parked up around the country than anything else. Just look at the North side of Exeter - Wall to Wall!

I would suggest that its the likes of Eastern, Flykeen, and all the other feeder outfits that will signal the recovery first. Fledgling airlines can't afford the lease repayments on lumpy a/c its as simple as that. The TP's arn't here because the pax numbers aren't there. As soon as the pax come back Im confident that the sky will be full of J31's F50's and ATP's and EMB 110's

Why....because given half decent passenger numbers THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN JETS.

Im also confident that when these aircraft do re-emerge there will need to be a period of hiring. Personally the thought of a few years TP flying floats my boat of course I'd rather be flying EZY73's to sunny Spain and I will given the opportunity.

I'm willing to make a bold prediction and say that these kind of operators will look favourably at the self-improver/Instructor type because historically this is the area thay have got there crews from and they know what they are getting regardless of the superior LOFT training you get at Oxford, which unfortunately counts for nothing hauling newspapers and pools coupons from Belfast to Liverpool - At night - with a dodgy Radar - in Crap w/x - with no autopilot - in a thirty year old ex south american HS748 !

I may be wrong and probably am, but Ive said before on the forums if you all want to fly is 737's for Ezy or Ryanair and you have just qualified then right now must be a very frustrating time.

Learn your craft, even if its just a matter of personal pride to say that you can do it.

Just for the record Im PRO apprenticeship......