PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 00:27
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVT must surely make more from parking that BHX
Think you've been sniffing correcting fluid me old fruity!!
As long as there is an airport on the CVT site, myself and others will no doubt continue to speculate on which airlines, if any, could come here and launch new routes.

Since the departure of Thomson, I have not held very high hopes of such a prospect materialising, but optimism, whether enhanced by any kind of poison or not, is still free!

let me assure you that the latest owner is NOT interested in the airport as an airport.
Then let us wait until the airport closes, and then there will be other (local, non aviation) forums to discuss what happens next.

I for one would not be supporting any kind of Plymouth type "viable" campaign, given that the airport has had every opportunity since the Airports Act to make itself viable.

As I said above, to any of the locals who danced a merry jig when Thomsonfly left, there is no reason to expect that a redeveloped airport site wouldn't be turned in to a host for some form of dirty / smelly / antisocial activity, especially as we already know there are materials underneath, although I have not seen any reports of their actual value.

a new airline starting at cov later this year ?????
Is this just random speculation or would you like to provide more details?

We certainly don't need another new "express" type airline.

The only scenario I can see working is an established loco player being offered very sweet terms to jump in, but not so sweet that the airport makes zero and they swan off after 2-3 years.

Back to the car parks - given that they are already in place, given that those at BHX are much more substantial structures, why could the airport not make money from them, when assessed as their own entity, separate from aviation revenue, which I understand is a challenge?

Last edited by jabird; 5th Jul 2012 at 00:34.