PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 22:15
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Ah Sid, My point is that the statistics you used to try and make your point referred to surface area rather than population!
That'll be because;
...the Minister has assured the House and the public that 97% of England and Wales will still remain within 20 minutes’ flying time.
You got my point then. If the figures don't fit one, the statement meant the other

Regarding the summer population increase, I was under the impression it was NNPAS that were doing the great shake up of UK Police Aviation to provide a more effective service. D&C temporarily moved the ac for a reason. Unfortunately, if that was to happen now, theres a huge '20 min' gap in the plan between Dartmouth and Portland.

As I say. it's a shame after the time and money spent on the October plan, that there was this little oversight of 15 million visitors into an area with no air support closer than 20 minutes away, and still no coverage at all of a county that sees its towns increase in population by up to 355% !!! Perhaps this was all taken into consideration during all those investigative visits by NNPAS in the formative years, and if so I'll listen to whatever reasoning is behind it. What do you mean....what visits !!!!!