PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange problem using laptop in a 152 cockpit -interference?
Old 4th Jul 2012, 20:58
RyanRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oke, right... Wow! lot of replies

Firstly, i will assure everyone that i have no intention of trying to operate the laptop whist airbourne! I did mention in my opening post that i was having these issues whilst even the master switch was off, so i was very much on the ground and parked in the apron whilst analysing the faults!

Saying that, the issues causing the software to crash cannot be anything to do with engine vibration or electrical interference emitted from the aircraft's electrical systems! The software literally works fine all the time its outside the aircraft!! Does the transponder or any of the radio equipment have any strong magnets or alike that could give off interfering flux etc? I shall try as someone suggested and hit record outside the aeroplane then take it inside and set it up, guess its not exactly any hardship to edit out the first couple of minutes later on.
As for keeping the laptop safely stowed, when closed up it fits snug down the rear pocket of the seats, all i have to do is alter the windows settings to 'Do nothing' when the lid is closed. Tbh i think that even if the aircraft become inverted, the laptop would take some shaking for it to fall out! The laptop its-self should not cause any interference to the aircrafts equipment as i ensure all radio-transmitting devices (wifi,bluetooth etc) are off. Tbh, my mobile phone has more wireless interfaces built in to it than the laptop and that never causes a problem -well except from the occasional polling noise down the headset.
As for the GoPro cams etc, they are nice! would love one! but at nearly £300 i cant really afford to be honest

Power wise, im just using its own battery so no external power source.