PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 20:47
handysnaks
Tightgit

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah Sid, My point is that the statistics you used to try and make your point referred to surface area rather than population!

Cornwall - 1,376 sq miles
England & Wales - 58,368 sq miles]
So based on

There's 2.358% in one fell swoop! Add in the South East coast, West Wales, Herts & Beds, etc.... 'pants on fire'
I assume that you regard covering the whole of the geographical area of England and Wales as crucial.

Now the ministers quote certainly didn't say that he was talking about population. However, it didn't say he wasn't. You inferred that he was talking about area rather than population!

Now regarding this point

So the equivalent of roughly the whole population of Wales, not being covered by air support is, in the Ministers eyes alright then
I supect (if he thought about it at all), he would think that as that is about what we have at the moment then 'no problemo'!

Finally, regarding the population increase of Newquay and the Lake District over the summer. Why is it an oversight of the 'Suits' at NPAS. Surely if anything, it is an oversight of the 'Suits' at D & C or Cumbria to have had this situation going on for years now but not to have purchased another helicopter (or Aeroplane) to address it? On the other hand, maybe it is an indication that policing in the UK can take place without the need for as much air support as we have at the moment. In which case.........

I lied about the finally.....
I'm bored now so I wouldn't put too much work into your reply as I don't think I can muster the enthusiasm for another considered reply!