PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of 2 RAF planes crashing in Moray firth
Old 4th Jul 2012, 18:58
saudih

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad news and tough times for all involved.

I know from witnessing the reaction from the crowds at Cosford over the past 2 years that the display by the GR4s of XV was one of awe, respect and envy. As an ex GR1 operator, back in the day, sadly these things happened more regularly. The feeling felt at the news of loss of fellow aviators doesn't change. Although, as I've probably got both airframes in my log book, I know what LJR was trying to say.

It's only natural for relatives to feel anger at this time. Don Henley summed up the media's hunger for "news" in his song dirty laundry..... I will never forget the scruffy camera crew invading the funeral of a Sqn pilot some years ago.........

"High Flight" is a moving and exceedingly well written Sonnet (particularly when you remember the author was just 19 yrs old when he wrote it and was killed in a mid air collision shortly afterwards).

Fast Low and Feeling free.... U tube, that's a pretty good reminder of the reasons I loved the job that I did: Unless the GR force has changed markedly I expect it's nearer the mark that these guys did so as well.