PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAOPA sets out its stall on PPL licensing to the US and Europe
Old 4th Jul 2012, 15:50
proudprivate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your instructor knows you well, knows your flying good and bad habits and is more likely to turn a blind eye. You dont go for a driving test and do it with the guy who taught you to drive you need an unbiased outside view of your abilities!
First of all, I dispute the need for a test. As Silvaire is pointing out repeatedly, the BFR is not a test. It is an opportunity to iron out potential deficiencies, and your trusted instructor is the perfect person to help you with that.

If we are expecting IR privalages in Europe rather than actually attaining and holding equiavalent licences is it not better to satisfy a European examiner representing EASA that we are up to the standards expected and save a fortune in the process.
No. I would expect
- my aviation authority to respect ICAO papers
- instrument privileges to be maintained through verifiable currency requirements

I cannot see EASA letting an 18 year old with 200 hrs total give that approval!
- Who needs the approval of an 18 year old ?

- EASA is costing the taxpayer (you and me) € 105 Million a year. I think we deserve EASA to accurately weigh cost / benefit effects in the regulatory drafting process. And the weighing should be based on a real analysis, not some "sentiment" like in the preamble of the Basic Regulation.

...partly for job protection reasons and partly because it is American.
disgraceful ! If they did their job properly, no private pilot in Europe would want an FAA certificate.

Last edited by proudprivate; 4th Jul 2012 at 15:52.