PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bfs expansion
Thread: bfs expansion
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2002, 21:13
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncle Monty, not having researched this I maybe wrong.

flybe's fares maybe higher than easy because at the moment flybe must be getting the loads to sell the higher priced seats.

easy is new on this route so has many cheap seats to fill unti lit grows for them.

Easy may take some of flybe's pax, which will then free up more seats at the cheaper price bringing flybe's "percieved" prices cheaper again. This will then take customers away from Easy and the cycle will start all over again. Until of course the route really pickes up once easy have managed to advertise massively and a new market develops. Then both carriers will be full. Here's hoping!

Regarding load factors, I rarely am not that bored in my job to read the Disposition Reports of our fleet daily. Perhaps Jobs-a-goodun could enlighten us as he probably has a better idea from where he is standing?

P.s just looked at the fares and for comparable flight times and dates the fares are not quite as wide apart as you suggest.

flybe = 68.70
Easyjet = 46.40

Still one is more than the other but easy aren't flying till April so only time will tell?

Last edited by CaptAirProx; 30th Dec 2002 at 21:32.