PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can verify entries in logbook?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 14:47
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the entries verified entry is in your logbook so I suppose use that if you prefer. I would always say that anybody in the company who is reportable or responsible to a governing body (CP/CASA, CEO/ASIC etc) should fit the bill. I have nothing to back this up by the way but neither does the person asking for your hours to be certified.
I think there were some lads who got zero timed a while back after getting caught out faking twin time so it can happen.
Hmm, I don't think that anybody can 'zero time' you for hours you actually flew but getting done for falsifying your logbook would effectively accomplish the same ends within the industry. Of course, licences can be revoked if CASA can prove that you didn't have the requisite hours as required on your particular flight crew application. There was a rumour of this happening in Florida a while back and the two guys had their licences reviewed to the point that they were under suspension (FAA couldn't be sure that they had the aeronautical experience to have gained their CPLs) long enough to lose their jobs. [Beware the urban legends though as I have not read this story in over 10 years now.]

FRQ CB