PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots flying for US Carriers
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 13:18
vasiokata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hi guys,
my name is Vassil Spirtov and I am from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe.I am sure that here I would meet a lot of experienced people that could give me any idea or solution about my case but first let me briefly introduce myself.
I already got my FAA CPL/SE/ME/IR pilot license in a flight school located in Houston, Texas.I completed my entire flight training under Part 61 and I logged in around 300 flight hours.I used to fly airplanes like C152, C172(some carburetor models), C172R(fuel injected), C172RG(which is a single engine complex airplane), Piper Seneca-43-200 and Piper Geronimo-23-180.I had a great time flying in the USA and I had the chance to do couple of very long cross country flights,the first one from Houston to Miami in Florida and the second one from Houston to Las Vegas in the state of Nevada.I even got my spin endorsement,which is not a part of the training for a commercial pilot but it was my choice,so I added one more endorsement in my logbook.I got M-1 visa for my flight training in November 2010 and I successfully finished everything in September 2011.I would do it much faster than that but the maintenance in the school wasn't so good and I got some troubles with the airplanes I used to fly and besides,I got a financial problem so I was supposed to stop flying for a month.
Anyway,after I finished and got my FAA license I came back to my country where I started to work on the process of issuing a JAA license(the one pilots have in Europe).It is actually kind of conversion process and based on the flight experience I got in the USA I will be issued a JAA one.Well,I already finished all the 14 JAA ATPL(A) written tests,that you have maybe heard about,with an average score of 93.5 %.My next step is getting an anual flight check on a Multi Engine airplane here in my country with a local examiner since they must be sure of flying skills too and then I will be working on getting an ICAO Level of English proficiency,I need minimum Level 4.Finally they will issue me JAA CPL and ATPL(A) frozen license(the word 'frozen' in Europe says that,when I pass the written exams mentioned above I have my European ATPL(A) on a paper and once I reach 1500 flight hours on any type rated airplane I would have the real ATPL(A) license).
I am a former military too,I graduated from a the Aviation Academy in my country in 2006 and I was promoted in the rank of lieutenant.Then I worked in the Air Force as a lieutenant, Air Traffic Controller for about two years and in 2008 I was laid off because great reforms have been taking place that time in the Ministry of Defense in my country and many young lieutenants like had the same destiny.I got a higher diploma with a Bachelor Degree from the academy.
I am trying to do is to find a way out to go back to the USA and continue to study as a flight instructor there,then get a job and build more flight experience so that I would be able to apply for some local airlines in the future.
I've read through a lot of comments,some of them seemingly true,others nonsense,that there are ways out for foreigners to go to the USA and fly there for profit.I would like to know which is the best way for me to do that.
Is it through F-1 or J-1 or H-1B visa,or maybe green card?I myself dropped an application for the green card lottery this year but with no result!
I would appreciate your comments!Feel free to put the on the wall any time!