PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 4th Jul 2012, 11:42
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sinking in the pool

prelude01

I think 'because they can' and because they have done before answers your query perfectly. To keep things consistent with past campaigns, dropping the DEP hold pool after 18 months of swimming was always going to be the most likely of scenarios. Ironic to think that they may open recruitment from March/April 2013, especially considering some 'swimmers' will no longer be eligible; but there you go. It has all been done before and at least shows consistency. I reckon a fantastic place to be at the moment, as Juan Tough states, is awaiting the stage 2 sim assessment. These guys will be at the forefront of any further hiring (along with the remaining poolers - if any are left?), plus day 2 is a lot less of a mind fvck than day 1. A simple case of situational awareness, teamwork and effective decision making really.

There is no point in being bitter about the bmi guys or indeed the FPP cadets. The former has TUPE on their side and the latter has both cost effectiveness and public relations on theirs. The only other way into BA is to 'hoop jump' as you say and to play by the rules of DEP entry. You may question their motives until the cows come home, but that's about as far as you'll get. C'est la vie I suppose.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 4th Jul 2012 at 11:43.