PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB Comment in Clued Up
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 11:25
mm_flynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by overstress
mm flynn, I am not here to do your background reading for you, I was merely pointing out to another poster that the AAIB do more than investigate crashes.

I can recommend reading their site more thoroughly as there is always something to be learned from each accident or major incident.
Thank you for your comment. I do actually read those that are published on line, understand that they include Crashes and Incidents (summarised as accidents), recognise they do not normally publish reports on infringements and Airproxs (as those are reported elsewhere). As such, all of the data I have (and from your answer you have as well) shows that 'loss of situational awareness as a result of excessive GPS usage' is virtually never mentioned by the AAIB. So to include that statement as part of a list of 'common' findings is factually incorrect on the author's part.

PS
My original question was an honest effort to establish if I was missing some information that the AAIBnmay have published in a location of which I was unaware.