PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When practicing vortex ring.........
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 09:13
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my past instructors(exRAF) who whilst on my check flight was quizing me on what I would do if I entered VR or SWP, my answer was the right one, but then he suggested he show me just what happens so I would understand more about it and always be aware of just how fast things happen when getting into that state, we ascended to about 2500 ft and purposely guided by him I entered into the realms of VR we needed, he talked me into the start of the problem and then pointed out the rate of descent, it was approaching 2000ft per min, he asked me to get out of it to see if my mind set could convert the problem into a safe area of flight, as you can see I am still here and really grateful for that positive lesson, even though in my original lessons the FTI had showed me this it was nothing like the thing my check pilot showed to me,.. the ease in which the VR state can be got into was a real jolt to my knowledge but equally if you have height you can always recover, providing you can dip ut and gain speed.
PETER R-B