PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 08:52
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, on Pprune, you get flamed for saying anything ! Your optimism,well meant suggestions, loyalty etc are pleasing in the current, dreadful, environment but sadly, perhaps, a little naive. I would still prefer blokes like you on my team.

CEO paraphrased quite well & knows the way forward providing "Parliament" let him do what is required. One has to recognise that GF has fallen too far behind it's local & global competitors to ever recover former glory. The big boys on your doorstep are already there. GF has to accept that it is just a Regional Carrier, a feeder to it's "brothers" & get on with it. Downsizeing, redundancies & other cost reducing measures are a painfull dose of reality medicine.

Recognising corruption is one thing. Doing something (like Andrew Dose did) is another. Too many fat cat's have vested interests & I doubt that this can ever be cured. Hey, it is not just a GF thing, look at Barclays in the UK for heavens sake ! Powerful measures, properly backed must be taken to stop the open theft that has crippled GF for ages.

The mindset of management has also to be cured. Far too many jobs for the boys rather than employment for the most capable has left GF in a laughable state for many years. I too, once pointed out to my Fleet Manager that there was a way of reducing fuel costs considerably. I was given a wry smile & told by the Fleet Assistant that I "cared too much" !
I was actually told to "care, less" and" just do the job; We will manage, you fly the planes " !!!

I & many others have said it before; Management hands are tied by inept seniors probably to protect sticky fingers in the till but also because of the crazy "Loss Of Face" syndrom which is a particular Middle East syndrom.

I sadly foresee the complete demise of this once mighty giant in the sky. For the chaps seeking to revise CV's..................you have left it too late.