PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 08:11
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pailot,

I haven't been there for over a year, but in essence here is an idea:

Roster: Nominally 6 ON/ 4 OFF. This often starts on earlies and ends on lates. Therefore, your days off can be compromised. Not always the case, but seems to happen regularly enough.

They call this a stable roster, but it is, in reality very unstable. Lots of changes and disruption is the norm.

KTW base has regular nightstops in LTN an this does break up the monotony.

Sectors: Well, this is variable. As a Captain, the max I ever did in KTW was 54.

But, in GDN, guys regularly fly 60 sectors as they are far shorter and most days are 4 sector days.

I believe WAW (now Modlin) was historically a great base, with good flying and median numbers of sectors.

KTW can be busy, a mix of 2, 3 and 4 sector days as discussed.

WRO is the smallest base in Poland and sectors are on the low side. A busy month may be 40 sectors, a quiet month may be 20 or so.

There is no fixed amount of anything in Wizz Air.

I did enjoy my first 15 months there, hated the last 9 months and I left feeling drained, worn out and generally miserable. I was fortunate to have a different kind of flying job to move to, so I'm grateful for the Command opportunity at Wizz Air.

What I can say is that I do not consider Wizz Air to be "doable" as a career. It is just too tiring on the line.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy your time there.