PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 08:07
Tower Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHO? A Gas-tly error!

It's always been the way on these threads that any airline operating out of BFS is seen as a fine upstanding money making hero of aviation but the moment they look at a move to BHD they suddenly become somehow desperate and poorly run.
The problem with all this local rivalry is that you miss the big picture. For example, in my own case, i spent almost 10 years working at BHD and still keep in touch with a load of friends from both Airports and travel home about twice a year.
When I first left I usually flew back through LHR to the local airport with the best hire car deal unless there was a big price difference in flights, a bit of a nostalgic preference for City of course. However my last three trips have all been through Dublin for two simple reasons, it's direct and it's cheaper. Heck my next rtn isn't even direct it's via Paris to Dublin with Air France but it was too cheap not to do.
I'm not the only Expat doing this so somebody is making a lot of money off both BFS and BHD users interlining through the mainland!

( I'll also admit to knowing a couple of people at Londonderry too to keep Cuthere happy! )