PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 07:44
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A long long time ago

When I started this thread it was in an attempt to restore some balance to the UK security system, at the time a Govenment body was looking into the future regulation of the UK airport security system and the way it was regulated and implemented.

It is an unfortunate truth that with the growth of air travel the idiots in society have greater access to flights and so the security problem won't go away and so airport security will be with us for the foreseeable future.

With this in mind I was keen to get the people in the airline industry to make submissions to the Govenment body that is to shape the future of airport security in the UK.

The pages above are full of incidents of security ( shal we say ) bad practice, all that has done is turn the airport staff against the security system following the self destruction of any respect or faith in their ability to deal with anything of importance resulting from their own petty actions.

My hope is that if CHIRP gets a formal role to investigate the actions of security staff and take action to resolve issues this will result in a much better and secure environment, the security system might eventually recover some respect from airport workers, but this will be an uphill struggle.

I just thank my luck that since having started this thread my work is now mostly in Scandinavia were security staff are polite and respectfull, I suspect this stance allows them to be more vidulant as unlike in the UK they don't waist time being rude and aggressive.

It will be interesting to see what the Govenment body recommends for the future of UK airport security, my submission made it clear that the system needed more oversight if results were to be improved and respect return. I hope others took the trouble to make submissions as this is the only way we will return the balance of power to aviation professionals and have pointless rules and rude petty operatives removed.