PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Marian Jowitt
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 06:57
Avgas172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vale Marian Jowitt

Good Afternoon All, It is with much regret I have to advise of the untimely death of Marian Jowitt, former RAA CFI & instructor with the Glen Innes Aero Club and Inland Air at Armidale. Marian also assisted with the Angel Flight organisation and was an experienced Charter Pilot and Grade 1 GA Instructor. Her death comes at an early age and I believe she passed away suddenly after completing a trip in the Company twin engined Cessna. Following is an excerpt from one of her AF trips to remember her by.

Comment by Marian
"The Angel Flight was interesting. Jo, the health nurse at Hay was lovely and she and her husband Chris looked after me very well. The passengers were fine. Grandmother sat in the front with me and was enjoying what little of the scenery we could see between the clouds. Mum and babe slept the whole way until the turbulence approaching Bankstown woke mum.

The weather in the Sydney area was atrocious with full IFR and awful turbulence. Worse than expected.

When we arrived the rain was bucketing down so it was a matter of unloading as fast as possible so no photos I'm sorry."

Kind Regards
A172