PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 05:48
Pass-A-Frozzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"not for use in air navigation"
lol... wasn't aware that meant "We'll stop you using it in total because you updated the App"

"if the problem was with an "Apple" component of the database/coding/nerd-stuff I fail to see what liability the OzRunways"
-- true... if you don't bother testing your software before rolling it out to the punters...

See how that works out when your Holden Commodore breaks down and Holden say "Ohh. it's not our fault.. a third party component broke, so don't blame us"

At the end of the day I really don't care. Just get's on my goat when people claim there is some kind of negative astroturfing going on, when they appear to have genuinely ed up.

I do love the "Oh it was Apple's fault" though. Hah

Your quote KR:
Originally Posted by KRviator
After 6 years in Defence aviation
Where did you spend that? With one of the programmers of OzRunways at P3s?

I've been using PPRune since 2001. Previous account was deleted by ADMIN due to an awesome script I wrote which deleted all previous posts (all 10k of them)

I've never seen such a commercially motivated and dominated thread. It used to be a free discussion and Danny Fyne owning PPRune, believe it or not, actually helped that. PPRune seems to have now developed into a "OzRunways owns this thread... how dare you bad mouth it" instead of what it's supposed to be - a free discussion.

Seriously, to have the actual *DEVELOPER* of a product, post in here and suggest he shouldn't be criticised, and the thread should be kept to "asking me about how good our product is" aka "kept to asking the Dev's questions" shows just how far PPRuNe has fallen.

Naturally someone who offers the same product offers a short update, that their product is available for those stuck out with no service. Then to have those sided with one side criticize? Seriously.. WTF.

Sh*t, the developer, who's making money from this thread, saying "I'd like to keep this thread about <talking to me, don't bad mouth me or discuss anything negative>" . Then randoms of unknown background backing him up with lines like "Another plug huh?" to someone who offers something that it not perfectly in line with selling the product in question.

It's been sad to watch the decline of PPRuNe - you used to know what was a paid ad, instead it's been taken over by people selling their products under anonymous names, asking mates to post things etc.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. For the guy who's selling tens of thousands worth of dollars worth of software licences to say:

But I'd rather this forum stick to asking questions of the dev's to make flying better in Australia, rather than spamming/flaming/trolling/astroturfing/whatever.
and the response from some to be "Yeah, don't use this thread to critisize it" means PPRuNe has reached or approaches it's nadir

Last edited by Pass-A-Frozzo; 4th Jul 2012 at 07:03.