PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 05:45
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
FWIW, if the problem was with an "Apple" component of the database/coding/nerd-stuff I fail to see what liability the OzRunways crew have to anybody. It's clearly stated on the splash screen "not for use in air navigation" even though we all do anyway.

If people choose to go to AvPlan, well, it's a free country. But I had more dramas with AvPlan in the 4 week trial period than I've had with OzRunways in 12 months. I tried it with two seperate installs on two separate Ipad2's and both times it crashed to the home screen far too often to be usefu for me. The only problems I've had with OzRunways were the Karratha VTC georeferencing was displayed incorrectly about 6 months ago and no updated WAC's/TAC's for the latest revision - which is apparently an Apple glitch. I've got the latest database, VNC's and the like so it isn't a big issue in the big scheme of things.

I'm happy to give The OzRunways crew my $100-odd a year and if there is an occasional glitch, even if it may be their fault, it is still money well spent.