PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal convictions and becoming a pilot?
Old 4th Jul 2012, 05:28
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whilst I feel for the miss spent times of someones past this thread serves if nothing else as a reminder to those youngsters (or anyone for that matter) who thinks that being above the law may want to think twice before being a blight on society.
I am of the opinion that (& that's all it is) if you do wrong in the eyes of the law then you have that stigma with you the rest of yr life,period! That alone may be a good deterent to how some think/act.
I have worked hard all my life never been in trouble with the law (had one speeding fine many years ago which I proved they where wrong) & I am proud of that fact but it makes me cross to think that crims get away with murder figuratively speaking & expect to have society think that's acceptable & are allowed to roam again after a piddly weak incarceration!.

Heavens knows out judicial system is a joke we all know that!
100's get killed on the roads every year yet we (society/law makers) still allow for forgiveness!
In the case of Mr Meaners then I guess it's up to the individual employer but I'd hate to have any criminal past hanging over my head.

A bit off track I know but it's all tied up with the same thinking or lack thereof.

Wmk2