PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BNE ATC Holding
Thread: BNE ATC Holding
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2012, 03:18
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'PD' I know yr trying to put all the little pieces that make up the nightmare task of being an ATC'er (yr welcome to that job !) into the puzzle here for us pleb drivers so we get a better understanding of how the 'system' works. My generic type statement here about being a fav Co may seem laughable to you but I have seen this a few times & to us plebs at the pointy end it does seem with a reasonable amount of certainty that one said Co gets in first. Seen it at the Hld point awaiting T/off sometimes & Syd.
As for the other scenario I am painting here there was no A/C slowing in front of us it was the opposite actually as mentioned we where asked to slow whilst the 'favored' A/C whom was well behind us & getting further back was allowed to slip past us to as usual get in first. The Vis comment was just adding to the picture no more.
Anyway it matters none there's zip any of us plebs can do other than speed up, slow down,turn this way turn that way cross here at this time cancel that etc etc etc to appease the scrabble board players down there in the twr but our necks are getting a work out from shaking our heads at amazement from what we get from ATC.
I think 'Juliar' ought to watch the ATCers in action some day, she would soon realize that her stupid Carbon Tax rubbish savings goes out the window in just one day with Ozzy airspace antics!

Wmk2