PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 21:35
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well probably having empty seats blocked off didn't help FR either amongst other restrictions which I think are not helpful. WW has had heaps of routes pulled from all over and as BHD was a new base hardly any point pioneering something when IAG's intention is to close the business, I would think all airlines loose money on route/base launches. But I still state, lets say if EZY were based at BHD I think their pax figures would be similar. I do agree BFS is useful for some parts of the province and the roads around it are uncongested, however on the point of their being 3 airports in NI the fact is there is 3 and no government in the near future is likely to propose closing them. There has also been failures at BFS airline wise and as I've always said, the airlines which moved down to BHD did for a reason, if life was so great they wouldn't have. And really, does anyone take seriously the notion that one airline would be allowed a total monopoly in the Republic by having FR and EI as one? Highly doubtful.