PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK DECs now on seniority list
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 20:36
CR9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look, regardless of what or where you flew 4,5, 10 or even 20 years ago, the fact remains that they (FO's) were hired by EK and passed all the required training and LPC's plus thousands of hours of line flying. If they are not making it in upgrade then that is direct fault of the training here, which I think we can all attest is some of the worst "training" any of us have ever received. Of course, there are always the select few that have issues but if you look at a comparable air carrier anywhere else in the world I can almost guarantee you that they do not come anywhere close to the failure rates we do. Ask the new guys online (both initial and upgrade) and they will tell you; training and most importantly standardization among the trainers is nothing short of a joke. Heck, just look at the endless begging from training for new tri's and tre's! No one wants to do it anymore except for a "CV booster" which, as a result lies part of the problem. What other wide body carrier, let alone one so "prestigious" (and I use that word very loosely) as Emirates would dare think or have the need of promoting trainers at 600hrs command time? Now, before someone slags off and says something like "uhhh you must have failed something" or "you can leave if you don't like it" just stop, because neither are the problems here.

As for the people thinking its the RJ guys having issues: you guys need to get a clue. Not defending them but people at EK love making a big deal out of little things to make themselves look good or feel better than other's. It happens with everything here: "RJ guys don't deserve to fly heavy's", "Aussie's are anal arse's", "Cadets are idiots", "DEC's are unsafe", "airline time is required to be considered for EK, no other flight time is worthy", "2500hrs total time is to low", etc, etc, blah, blah.... It all come down to the fact that prejudices are for narrow minded fools, of which Emirates seems to be obviously hiring a lot of as of late.

Cheers,
CR