PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 14:01
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jas24zzk. Agreed on the GST. One very big difference also, Mr Howard took the GST to the voters pre-election. It is politically expedient to forget the myriad of sales taxes removed and replaced by the GST. Also, the GST goes back to the States, albiet not always in the proportions which satisfy all States.
Yep, at least Howard had the ballz to take something this major to an election...Equivalent of a budget referendum in my view. I probably voted against him, as I grew up to be a staunch Labour voter, not that it mattered too much as the result didn't kill our economy. I am still a fan of Keating.

Dillards people swap deal with Malaysia, should only be approved if the first boatload we send them includes, Kirner, Cain, Dillard, Brumby, Bracks, Balleiu (or however you spell that import), Brown sandwich, yabbot and Shorten!

What you say about the return of the GST to the states, albeit unfairly, is probably the best thing about our tax system.

hmm

Heres a thought...
Turnbull gets his nads out of the frost, pulls the Nat party away from the co-alition and gives us a 3rd party option. That might wake up the Libs and Labs! I'm sick of the options we have, which really equate to 2 different shades of sh*t

Cheers
Jas