PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 12:43
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Old Fella, it won't make one Iota of a difference.

Something that keeps getting raised here, which I feel is incorrect, is the comparison of the introduction of the GST Vs the Carbon Tax.

With the GST, it removed several other taxes, theoretically lowering the base price of an item. It was however easily simple to deal with from a business point of view. Even from a family point of view..you were going to pay 10% more for anything you needed. Fairly simple.

Dillard has already jumped in the media to say, hey the sky didn't fall...that is coming!!

There are a number of business owners here, that like myself, have no true idea on how we are going to be affected. As much time and effort we put into it, we can't project it. We ask our suppliers what the change in our charges are going to be, and they don't know!!!!
How do we project that and make changes to our pricing to accomodate it? We CAN'T. For many businesses, they won't work out the true change until its too late and unrecoverable....mine might be one of those..i don't know.

I have some 80 suppliers, only ONE has been able to provide me with data that I can use to work out my costings....the rest I cannot act upon until they settle.

As far as I can see, it might be 2 years before this crap settles, but you can guarantee costs will steadily rise. You'll note it when you take your Porsche in for a Major service next week, and a Minor service in 3 months, and the cost of the minor is bigger thant the major.

Dillard has destroyed this country....not quite overnight, but overtime as people adjust............................................