PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 30th Dec 2002, 15:22
chris jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training advice sought

I currently hold a PPL(A) and intend training for a PPL (H) as soon as I have got to grips with three questions:

Who offers the best training accessible to private individuals ? After a somewhat frustrating time training for PPL (A) (where I came across a number of low-time, low enthusiasm, instructors simply seeking hour building) I am prepared to travel as far as is necessary to train with an experienced, and enthusastic aviator, who can pass on his/her experience

Which a/c is best to train on - given that my ultimate ambition is to be get ratings on several types, and not for example, be restricted to simply R22 ?

Is choice of a/c of secondary importance to the standard of instruction or is it an important decision that affects rate of progression of your flying skill post PPL (H) ?

Any advice to this prospective entrant to the rotary world would be greatly appreciated - if you feel that a response will infringe PPRuNe advertising policy - please e-mail me privately. Regards