PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAOPA sets out its stall on PPL licensing to the US and Europe
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 12:31
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proudprivate

Not nick picking but a BFR is a flight test. Yes, I was only talking about the UK and yes you could fly a G reg in the US but you will struggle to find one (I know, there are a few).

I don't disagree with anything you say, my post was to give both sides of the coin without necessarily drawing any conclusions. However as is so often the case there is what we all think or know makes sense and what is realistic or likely to happen.

Its debatable whether pilot medicals achieve anything, but they aren't going to disappear any time soon. Its debatable whether Europe needs control over everything that gets off the ground in its airspace but in reality the Euro mind set cannot contemplate anything else.

Of course it would be wonderful if any pilot could fly any where in the world on their ICAO license but its not going to happen any time soon and it definitely isn't going to happen in Europe -I wish it wasn't so but that is the only realistic conclusion unless you want to give the next five years of your life to a campaign which even then is unlikely to succeed. I spent six months campaigning to keep the IMCr, I think it was worthwhile and I would like to think it contributed to the present state of play but that was only one very small and possibly achievable element.

That is all I have to say really.