PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New TV show "Bush Pilots" on TV tonight
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 10:33
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the best one for exaggeration is the one about Eddie Stobbarts lorry fleet - In this they try to make a delivery of food to a supermarket into a sensational event!
I agree, in one episode they were delivering cakes from a bakery to a supermarket, the journey was accompanied with Mission Impossible type music with camera work similar to that used in the Dambusters movie, switching back and forth from the “skippers” steely facial expressions to other traffic on the motorway. The nervous excitement was almost too much to bear wondering whether he was going to manage backing into the loading dock, to my great relief the flashing red lights signalled he was “over target” and the warehouse door was thrown open. The temptation to jump up and do a lap of the coffee table high fiving the family was hard to resist.

My joy at realising the lemon meringue pie delivery mission was a complete success was however somewhat tempered, when contemplating during the closing credits whether a reheated plate of sausage, beans, egg and chips at the Charnock Warner services off the M6 really was a sufficient reward from a grateful nation, or at least sweet toothed Tesco shoppers, for this brave chaps actions.

Never in the field of human endeavour have so few, delivered so much cholesterol, to so many !!!

Last edited by piperboy84; 3rd Jul 2012 at 10:52.