PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 20:27
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IB4138
Why am I so upset?...look previously on this post as to what happened regarding emails on my Plus card expiry. I told easy an apology was not sufficient.....and what do I get ..just an apology. I want your staff discount of 40% for family members, when I renew in recompense for the cock-up, especially after the appalling attitude that some of you have shown with your posts.
So you are upset about this?:

Originally Posted by IB4138
easyJet Plus card membership

Myself and my good lady are Plus card holders. Our current cards expire at the end of August.

This morning, we both received emails from easyJet, advising that our cards were about to expire and we should renew. Just five minutes later, two more emails arrived, advising that our cards had expired today.

Are easyJet so short of cash that they are attempting to trick people into renewing Plus Card membership two months early and cut the membership for the current year by two months?
I don't get the idea you are reasonable in the slightest way.

As a loyal easyJet customer you know you only need to show your easyjet plus card at the gate. The gate agents will check the date on your card visually. There is no computer system that would interfere by a wrong date. So you would not encounter any problems or difficulty in using your nearly expired card!

The email seems like an honest mistake and you received an apology. But it is not something that would reasonably entitle you to any discounts.
It seems like a storm in a glass of water to me.

Take some advice of a "youngster" and relax a bit. It's not good for your heart!
As for the rest of your undoubtly well intended advice, I am sure you ignored enough advice when you were young. It's the old elderly vs young drama!

Last edited by 737Jock; 2nd Jul 2012 at 20:30.