PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waddington Airshow 2012
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 18:17
Genstabler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am happy that the S Koreans won the Waddington team display trophy on their first visit. They were indeed a great crowd pleaser with large, noisy and brilliantly painted aircraft, lots of action and some novel manoeuvres.
The Frecce were great as always, and the crowd loves the antics of the good Fabio Capelli!
However, I must say that I was very impressed by the home team, who also had to compete with the worst of the Waddington weather. The Reds have had a dreadful start to the 2012 season, losing 3 pilots, two of them fatally, having to regroup and reform as a 7 ship at short notice. Nevertheless they have perfected a tight, precise and visually attractive show this year and they repeatedly show that they are also skilled and professional enough to adapt their display to the vagaries of the UK weather. Saturday was the first time I have seen them this year and I felt immensely proud and moved watching them display. Other teams may please the crowd more, but for style and flawless precision, whatever the weather, our Reds have it in my humble, perhaps biased, opinion. They are the best of the best and a credit to the RAF.

Last edited by Genstabler; 2nd Jul 2012 at 18:18.