PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 16:06
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, they are all rip offs and that airports authorities in the UK have dined out on charging for the repercussions of security incidents for years but you just need to think creatively to avoid paying them - at BHX get yourself on the monorail and then dropped off or picked up at the International station, that's free (more tricky for arrivals granted as you never know quite how long someone will take from plane to station). You can always find abandoned trolleys in the long stay multi storey to get your luggage to check in for free (arrivals again tricky as there are never abandoned trolleys in the bag hall). And save and re-use your 100ml toiletry bags (I have had the same one for a year or so) to save on that buy bags for a pound con just before security. And if you are desperate to eat on board and are flying an airline that charges for food just buy a Boots meal deal, or eat in Wetherspoons, both are always far cheaper.

Don't get me started on trains, however I have become very expert at fare splitting which has saved me countless pounds in recent months. That is something that is not so easy with plane tickets unfortunately.

I know these ideas won't suit every traveller out there and require a bit of 'effort' but there are always ways to beat the system if you try hard enough It's not the money but the fact that I like to avoid paying out un-necessarily.