PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:17
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PeterC005

The Carbon Tax is here and the world has not ended.

Taking into account the compensation package out into place I don't think the Carbon Tax will have any net financial affect on myself or my family. It might go $100 either way, certainly nothing to notice.

Environmental conservation should be based on science, but sadly it has become an easy political target for conservatives.

Introducing the Carbon Tax is sound Public Policy and a positive step to mitigate the effects of man-made global warming.

At the risk of being banned/censured.........

are you f*cking delerious or what!!!!!!

I am no greenie by any shake of the stick. But I am certainly a person whom is enviromentally concious. I own a 4wd drive, and I have a penchant for going bush bashing. That doesn't mean I go out and intentially destroy the bush. It also doesn't mean that I take the cheapest option for dealing with the waste that comes with my daily job. I seek out the environmentally friendly alternative, and pass those costs onto my customers.

This carbon tax that has been forced upon us, against the will of the majority will not address any of our concerns, nor will it make one iota of difference to the environment.
I think you will find that 99% of posters on this thread would be happy to pay the tax if they seriously thought it would make a difference.

Lets have a brief look at that shall we............... hmm I cannot find any goverment initiatives where Carbon Tax has been budgeted to be spent on clean energy research. No mate, its all been spent to balance dillards books.

Yep if the guvmint spent 100% of the tax collected on clean energy research/development, i'd shut the f*ck up, as would most posters on this subject. It ain't going to happen.

Sorry, but you an your doomsday mob are a joke.