PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Legends Duxford
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 12:17
2high2fastagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife bought me a gold pass for my birthday, so didn't try to fly in this weekend. Car bypassed the queues and was parked in 2 minutes right by the shop. Inside the gold zone there was a nice marquee (into which we could have retreated to if it rained), great seats with a view bang in the middle of the display line, cup of tea, free flightline access and a program (and we made the most of our 15% discount in the shop). Then when we left at the end, we were directed straight out and onto the M11 within a minute of getting into the car. Highly recommended. Gold pass is about 70 quid - which seems pricey - but I for one will do it again. With all the goodies, I reckon you are paying about 20 quid for the convenience of seats and parking etc.

..and the French chap wasn't THAT bad! It was a particularly special moment when it became clear that he was the only one of the 30,000 odd people there who didn't understand why all wing-walkers tend to be beautiful women, even after his mate pointed out that it really isn't quite the same with men posing in lycra. Though I have to admit that those ladies clearly have plenty of cojones after watching the barrel rolls (which make me sick even when I'm the pilot). Hat's off to Sarah and Stella. Breitling Wingwalkers - THE WINGWALKERS