PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Distracted crew let Q400 descend towards terrain
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 11:58
Yellow Son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Experience

We grumbled on the squadron that Flight Safety was being compromised when we had a temporay restriction to 15 hours a month. If it's down to 100 hours a year, then I'm with Charlie Brown - Good Grief! Especially given that time on Ops has limited training value. But that's probably a topic for a whole other thread (I expect it has been already). I'm just thankful I'm not having to put up with that myself these days.

As an aside, I had an amusing moment while converting to the G1000 - forced on me by my Flying Club. During my check ride I was inflicted with the predictable 'graceful degradation'; during the debrief, the checker commented that I seemed to be more at home the fewer systems that were available. I had to admit that the final 'everything failed' scenario was the closst to the avionics fits I had been used to during my 3000 hours in the RAF! Not sure what lessons to draw from that - certainly nothing relevant to this thread - but it tickled me anyhow.