PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 11:32
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
via Towering Q;

With respect Binghi, you miss the point entirely.

What does the GWPF have to hide? If, for example, some of the groups backers were found to be Shell or BP, would that cause open minded members of the community to question the GWPFs motives, bearing in mind the obvious conflict of interest?

From the Guardian article:

If successful, the FOI request may, by exposing one link in a devious manipulation of public opinion, start a process that allows the public to be aware of what is happening, what is at stake, and where the public interest lies.

And from Lawson, the GWPF Chairman:

"Proper scientists, scientists of integrity, they reveal, and voluntarily they wish to reveal, all their data and all their methods; they do not need a Freedom of Information Act request to force it out of them." He later added: "Integrity means you show everything, absolutely." His reluctance to reveal the identity of the GWPF's donors has led him to be accused of double standards.
(My bolding.)

...If, for example, some of the groups backers were found to be Shell or BP,...
Yer may have something there Towering Q. James Delingpole in his book Killing the Earth to Save It writes -

"...One of my favorite late afternoon pastimes - before the witching hour of 6pm and the moment arrives for my customary foie gras on toasted Poilane bread served with Chateau d'Yquem and poached gull's or leatherback turtle's eggs (depending on the season)- is to lie face down on my bespoke Philippe Starck massage table, while my Crimean masseuse Ivana pours hot oil onto my back and gives me a really good pummeling, to the soothing sounds of my personal string quartet in the billiard room of my private wing of the modest $79 million Regency townhouse I own on the edge of regent's park. Its a tough life but such are the sacrifices a fellow has to make when he is funded by big oil..."

...question the GWPFs motives...
Well then Towering Q, for the sake of discussion, lets work with GWPF being funded by "Shell or BP"

So back to my question...

Now that we have the funding taken care of, Towering Q what is it that GWPF is wanting Australia to do ? How much money do GWPF propose to extract from the Oz tax payer ? What Oz industrys do GWPF intend to destroy ? In general, how much money do the GWPF want Australia to piss against the wind ensuring an inpoverished future ?