PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodwood rip-off!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 06:04
jtipper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Goodwood Rip off

I used to fly into the Revival every year and thoroughly enjoyed the event.
I have a Saratoga, which of course has 6 seats. I was horrified to be told a few years ago that the landing fee was £50.00 per seat, not per passenger as before, making it a total of £300.00
When I queried this, I was told that this was due to people booking a landing slot for two P.O.B and turning up with 4 or more.
This was their way of policing the numbers!!
When I explained that there were already checks in place. Once when you are collected from your aircraft by minibus/car and secondly at the entrance to the event from the airfield, where your tickets are checked. I was told that this was the explanation of the increase in charges that were told to say!!!
The chap was embarrassed, but agreed eventually that it was to increase revenue.
Needless to say, I have not been back since.
While I am sure I and others are not missed, I wonder, what the actual statistics re attending aircraft numbers before and after the new charges stack up and what the actual revenue from the landing fees compares..

It's a shame for myself and others have decided that this is a charge too far in these days of increasing costs, leaving this event to the very well heeled.