PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Endorsements on Maintenance Releases
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 03:33
AirlinePirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Endorsements on Maintenance Releases

Ive been trying to find in the rules anything that makes it clear whether or not it is illegal to fly an aircraft with an open endorsement in Part 2 of a maintenance release.

The closest I can find is CAO 20.18, which says "In the case of a charter or regular public transport aircraft, all instruments and equipment fitted to the aircraft must be serviceable before take-off", and " A private or aerial work aircraft must not be operated: .. unless: all instruments and equipment required to be fitted to the aircraft .. are serviceable before take-off"

So, if its a charter or RPT flight, everything fitted to the aircraft must be serviceable. But a private or aerial work flight needs only to have the required equipment serviceable.

Consider a flying school-operated 172 or Warrior. It is required to have a radio, but if one radio is broken, the MR endorsed, and the other radio works, then it seems to me there is nothing wrong with flying this aircraft, as long as it remains private or aerial work.

Also, can anyone show me where it is written down that the MR must be signed for a daily inspection before flying? I mean, we all know you have to. But where does it say so?