PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 01:47
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E86

And to add to that it is a grossly unfair tax.

If you want to tax CO2 output, fine, but don't complain about industry or others packing up and pissing off shore. Don't give rebates to farmers or the unemployed or pensioners.

we all pay based on what we use, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Then when everyone squeals out loud, then think about fixing it. Like abolish it.

What peeves me the most is a soft target minority will pay the most % of tax per unit used. That is simply not fair.

What is more, it is a tax an unfair grubby tax, not a solution to anything, real or perceived. Even if man made CO2 was causing drastic and catastrophic global warming (and it is not), what good will the very soft minority left paying the tax do that will change anything on a global scale? It is just the most stupid tax ever introduced.

I hate the Capital Gains Tax (and never paid any), I hate the FBT, I hate the luxury goods tax on cars like a standard Landcruiser, but I can tell you as much as I hate all these, this new carbon tax is the most evil of them all.