PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to Re-Write The Rules of Indian Civil Aviation
Old 1st Jul 2012, 21:40
avicon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My only suggestion is to hang the present DGCA officials till death.

If the processing times are going to be 3 months on average, how on earth is anyone expected to get far given that in aviation things like recency, flight reviews, medicals are all periodical and need to be kept in sync because they are all inter connected and have validity periods to them.

I really wish we Indians finally concede that we do not have the ability to hold administrative roles. The best thing to do would be to scrap DGCA and outsource Civil Aviation in India to Australia or USA or some other country that have proven track record with efficiency and reliability.

It takes 1 week to issue licences in Australia.

They have toll free contact numbers for query that actually are attended.

You can email them and rest assured you will get a reply within 24 hours.

Appearing for exams is a breeze. You pay the fee online, book a date and give the exam at the centre of your choice.

The officials dont yell at you when you go to meet them but greet you.

I suggest we outsource. Bring the Brits back. We are not good at governing. Indians should only be given clerical positions. Top officials at teh DGCA can serve as peons and janitors working under the British.

What a joke this DGCA has turned out to be. They have absolutely no clue what they are doing. They charge us exhorbitantly for their shoddy services. We pay Rs 5000 for the CPL book which must have cost them Rs3 to make. The paper is cut by hand with a scissor by on of the babus in the office and you can see the jagged edges on it. I mean, how skilled do you really have to be to hold a piece of paper and cut with straight with a scissor. The blue cardboard that it is then pinned to and folded must have been sourced from the slum dwellers of Mumbai.