PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Employee Survey
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2012, 17:24
Armchairflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Steve,

looks good, congrats especially on the idea and apparent response you got and still get there (including some corporate fat cat flak apparently, which is almost a seal of quality IMHO).

Some minor remarks: in the (still black) figures of the draft you sent me, "Virgin" looked as if it was written with two "i"s at the end, and not sure whether citing some of the studies I sent you couldn't have substantiated the point that having engaged and committed employees affects not only individual but company performance, too. And I couldn't find absolute sample sizes anywhere (but may have simply missed it; in any case the response rate IMHO sure didn't look as if one needed to hide it). Otherwise, I am still not fully convinced by the dichotomous positive/negative classification and percentages, but we have discussed that already, and I am an industry outsider.

BTW, despite the already impressive results, from a data analysis point of view, I frankly think that the data you collected with this survey still hold several hidden gems. Nonetheless, IMHO that's an extremely valuable contribution and an important counterpoint to employee surveys conducted, endorsed, and presented by corporate management.

All the best to the other side of the globe,
Mike