PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2012, 14:46
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IB4138
easyJet Plus card membership

Myself and my good lady are Plus card holders. Our current cards expire at the end of August.

This morning, we both received emails from easyJet, advising that our cards were about to expire and we should renew. Just five minutes later, two more emails arrived, advising that our cards had expired today.

Are easyJet so short of cash that they are attempting to trick people into renewing Plus Card membership two months early and cut the membership for the current year by two months?
The first email seems sensible enough. Warning someone about 8 weeks before their card expires seems perfectly reasonable to me. Enough time for someone to consider renewing and give them enough time to do so before they are left without a plus card. If you renew now then presumably you will get 14 months until the benefits run out, so not a con. They may also be increasing the price soon, so perhaps nudging you to accepting the current price?

The second email just seems like an error as if your cards really do expire in August then an email containing the wrong date is obviously incorrect. Email them back and point it out.