PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty on first few flights (a320 line training)
Old 1st Jul 2012, 13:21
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like the other said, probably normal progress.

In comment to some of the posts above, I find that the student has an equal responsibility to improve. The trainer sets the framework for the learning process, but the best instructor you will find is actually yourself.

Even if you instructors are satisfied with your progress, I find it an advantage that you question yourself and may actually be more ambitious. Just be careful not to put yourself under too much pressure.

I would recommend is to make a personal scoresheet in excel or something like that. Each leg on one axis and on the other a field for preflight/taxi, takeoff, climb... to taxi in, and shutdown. For each field put in the most important point to improve/mistake for each leg. You can put in other fields where you have difficulties like RT. Don't write long stories, but in shorthand that you easily can compare each flight.

That way you can track if there are things that you continuously forget or mess up and improve them yourself.