PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - no LJ60 jobs anymore?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2012, 11:17
wondering

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts
Obviously some ppl arenīt clear about gros vs net or just made a translation error. I was just hinting that there must be a gros/net error. Whatever the case, it only makes sense to compare gros salaries including any form of additional benefits as is often the case in the US.

That brings me to the Pro Pilot salary survey. US salary comparison is just that. The salary itself does not include the monetary benefits like 401K, health insurance, company car, stock options, lol or what ever else is offered; if offered at all. Big differences for sure. And big differences between corporate and charter. There is no such differentiation in the international part.

Besides, the international part of the salary comparison includes all foreign countries combined and not just Western Europe. With the limited number of foreign respondents, I suspect second and third world countries drag the average down. Imho, it would make more sense to split the international part into regions with similar purchasing power. Just because the Euro has appreciated the last ten years vs the US dollar doesnīt mean Europeans are now better of. I remember when a Euro bought less than one US dollar. Were Americans so much better paid than Europeans back then? I donīt think so.

And even within Western Europe are big differences. Just compare Switzerland vs Germany. And thatīs not only true for pilot salaries. Statistics, like the Pro Pilot salary survey, always has itīs limitations.